Saturday, March 5, 2011

Facials are necessity!! Facial FAQ

About 6 months ago, I herd a couple of females talking on the train about how facials cleared up their skin. This made me want to get a facial myself. Not having money to spend on what i had thought was considered  luxury, I decided to look online for at home facials. I saw many methods, which was mostly to cleanse. Some methods were involving oatmeal and others using citrus fruits. I copied some recipes but never got around to giving myself one. recently I was looking on youtube and stumbled across a facial tutorial by a licensed esthetician. I liked what i saw and decided to research and learn more.


What is a facial?
"A skin treatment that may involve steam, exfoliationextraction, creams, lotions, facial masks, peels, and massage... It often contains mineralsvitamins, and fruit extracts."



Why do my skin need a facial? 
This is like saying why do my body need to stay active. A facial cleanses your pores and purify your skin. some are deep cleansing for cleaning the pores, healing dark spots, or hyper-pigmentation, or brightening for a gradual illumination of the skin tone. It shouldn't be a luxury, but a part of life.
Where should I get a facial done?
At a reputable beauty salon or spa, which consist of wise estheticians. Don't settle for a cheap way out, if that method isn't proven to work for you. If a facials is not done right it will worsen skin.
Why do I need someone who is licensed?
They will know how to analyze your skin and make the facial to your needs. They will also be able to give you products, tell you techniques, and provide equipment you most likely will not have at home. ANd most likely, mistakes will not be made. 
How many times should i have a facial?
As much as needed. Facials should be a part of your life. Some people need to do them more or less each month. It depends on the person and the reason.
Can I do my own facial?
if you are knowledgeable, maybe. If you really rather it that way, research, research, research! YOu also may want to speak to a dermatologist.
What if my skin doesn't get better?
Either the method wasn't done right or it is the other products you are using. Try using natural makeup and better skin care, without harsh chemicals and other toxins. 
Are facials affordable?
Normally they cost approximately $50. You may get some on sale. There will be many spa sales this month from March 21st- March 28th and Next month April 14th-April 20th. Try searching on Spa Week or Spa Finder.


I have yet to get a professional facial. But i will later on this month, no matter the price!!!
For questions and concerns, comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment